This baked chicken fajita recipe will delight even the most picky eater. The surprising thing is that the recipe isn’t that hard to make or, for that matter, cost all that much money. What I found helps most with this dish is having it with the perfect side dish that complements it. You almost have to make it an experience it to see how it can uniquely go with most meal plans.
- 1 LB. Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 Tbl Oil
- 2 Tsp. Chili powder
- 1 1/4 Tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 Salt
- 1 (15) oz. Can of diced tomatoes with green chile (Rotel)
- 1 Medium onion sliced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 Green bell pepper cut into strips
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees
- Grease a 13×9 baking dish and place chicken in it.
- In a small bowl combine oil, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Mix up and drizzle over chicken.
- Stir well to coat the chicken.
- Next add tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir together.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked.
Tip: This baked Fajita dish can be served with heated tortillas. Just spoon some on and enjoy the delicious flavors. You could also serve it over rice. Makes great leftovers for the next day’s lunch too.
Final Word: Baked Chicken Fajita
I thought this dish tasted good and was super easy to prepare. It was able to make plenty of servings and it is also a very healthy dish. All fresh ingredients baked right in the oven and can be made using organic or free range ingredients.
For mere ease and serving-size this dish is well worth considering for potential events or even just a family dinner. I’ve also seen where people use this dish as a main dish or as a side dish complementing something else.
The choice truly is yours!