We are always looking for an easy side dish to prepare. If your like me the easier the better. Cheesy potato wedges always make a filling side for your meals. When I have a potato side, then I also try and have a another vegetable like green beans or broccoli. Usually there is always some potatoes hanging around so why not make some cheesy potatoes wedges? These are always a hit at my house.
Warm and yummy that’s the way to go.
- 4-6 Potatoes
- Salt or Seasoned Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Real Bacon Bits
- 1/4 Cup Green onions diced
- Cut potatoes into wedges like steak fries. Place on foiled baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil lightly toss with tongs.
- Sprinkle seasonings over potatoes.
- Bake at 400 for 40 minutes or til tender.
- In a bowl mix up sour cream, milk and Ranch dressing and pour 3/4 into a oven safe platter or pan. Save a 1/4 of the mixture.
- Lay the cooked wedges on top of mixture in platter. Pour the 1/4 of the mixture over potatoes.
- Mix up the remaining ingredients, cheese, bacon bits and onions and sprinkle over potatoes. Place back in oven for a few minutes to heat the mixture and melt the cheeses.
Tip: The video below highlights one of the best methods to cutting your potatoes into perfect fries.
Final Word: Cheesy Potato Wedges
These were delicious and my family enjoyed them. However, I did give them a stir half way through with a spatula and just loosened them lightly. I was also out of green onions, so I just used a regular onion. Potatoes when on sale always make a frugal side dish.
With this recipe you can always switch out the cheeses for other flavored cheese. You could even try other dressings. If you have leftover bacon, use that instead of already prepared bacon.
All in all this is a good recipe.