Those of you who have oily skin should consider some of our oily skin remedies and cures. With our remedies you will need to follow a skin regimen with oil free products.
Homemade facials can help cure your oily skin without forcing you to break your budget for expensive products. Oily skin is when there is a over production of the sebaceous glands. This makes the skin more prone to acne and blackheads.
7 Simple Tips to Reduce Oily Skin
- Before you touch your face, you should always wash your hands. You should wash your face with a oil free cleanser a few times a day.
- Use cool to tepid water to rinse. If you rinse really well you don’t always need a toner. However, you may want to follow your facial with a oil-free toner. Just apply to a cotton ball a wipe over your face. Then let dry.
- Toners make your skin skin feel fresh and clean. They also remove any make-up left behind. At least once or twice a week you should use a facial scrub. A scrub is used to slough off dead skin cells and dirt. Dead skin cells clog our pores and lead to skin problems like acne and blackheads.
- Through the day our skin collects dirt and pollution. Wet your face, apply a small amount scrub on your fingers and start working it around your face in circular motions. Do this for a good minute or two. Then rinse well. Your skin will feel so refreshed and clean.
- If you make scrubs at home use sugar rather than salt, sugar is more gentle on your skin.
- Always apply light pressure when doing a facial scrub, it can tear at the delicate skin on the face. There is no need to be rough.
- Oily skin also benefits from a weekly facial mask, it helps draw out dirt and its also very soothing.
So lets make some natural oily skin remedies!
In blender mix 1/4 cup of peeled cucumber
1 tlb. yogurt
1 cup oatmeal
Blend together well and apply on face for 10-15 min. Rinse well.
The cucumber is cooling and also a wrinkle reducer! This is a wonderful recipe that can be easily accomplished, even on a budget. The use of natural resources makes also makes this remedy more safe than many of the other alternatives out there. Out of all of our oily skin remedies this is easily one of the more easier ones to create and yet works so perfectly.
1 ripe banana, mashed (a good way to use up those ripe bananas)
1 tlb. honey
A few drops of lemon, lime or orange juice (optional)
Mix together and apply to face. Leave on 10-15 min. Rinse off with cool water.
This is one of the more simple facial recipes. This facial is very soothing and simple remedy that will never require you to wondering how to treat oily skin!
3 tbs Aloe Vera Gel
1 tbs Honey
1 tbs Lemon or Lime Juice
2 tbs Brown Sugar
Mix them in the order given until it forms a paste. Apply to face and using fingertips make circular motions gently around face. Don’t get to close to eye area, skin is very delicate and should not use a scrub there. After a few minutes gently rinse off with tepid water.
Your skin should feel so fresh and smooth. Scrubs really do help remove trapped dirt and this one smells good too!
Final Word: Oily Skin Remedies and Cures
While skin type or solution may vary person to person and finding the right skin treatment to address your needs could also vary, these facial recipes are a great place to start.
Making use of these natural skin remedies are worth trying out, not only are they thrifty living friendly, they also consist of natural ingredients. Many products sold on the market have additives or unnatural resources that, while effective in the short-term, could be health hazardous in the long term.
So why not give it a try? Its worth at least trying natural skin remedies first, that way you can determine if your skin requires something either more tailored to your skin type or something more costly. Although there are many facial recipes or moisturizers out there claiming to be natural or health-friendly, you’ll never truly know if that is indeed the case.
The only sure-fire way that you can find a natural skin solution is by making the treatment yourself and adding the ingredients yourself. At the very least we’ve provided simple recipes that show how to treat oily skin without breaking the bank and are budget friendly.