These peanut butter balls make the perfect post dinner dessert. I mean who doesn’t love peanut butter? How about a treat full of peanut butter? The best part is the ability to add your own flair to the recipe. I’ve actually seen where people add sprinkles, add peppermint, put them on skewers, even use them as the centerpiece for cookies. The possibilities are indeed endless. These treats are quick to mix up and require no cooking. With little effort and preparation that sounds perfect to me!
So here is the recipe for peanut butter balls!
- 18 oz jar of peanut butter
- 1/4 butter
- 2 c powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz bag of nestle semi-sweet morsels
- Mix together peanut butter, butter, vanilla and powder sugar in a bowl. Stir all these ingredients well.
- Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls. Place them on a baking sheet. Put in freezer for 1 hour.
- Put morsels in a microwavable bowl. Melt morsels in the microwave according to package.
- When all melted take the peanut butter balls and insert a toothpick. Dip them into the melted chocolate and let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Let them firm up on a wax-paper lined baking sheet. When all firm you can store in a ziploc freezer bag and keep in refrigerator.
- They also taste good frozen. Come summer time you will enjoy knowing there are some yummy peanut butter balls chilling in the freezer or fridge.
Tip: Enjoy them!
Final Word: Peanut Butter Balls Dessert Recipe
The wonderful thing about these treats is that I often have all these ingredients on-hand in my pantry. I always try to keep the semi-sweet morsels on the shelf so I have them ready for this and other recipes. These peanut butter balls are quick to whip up for parties, meetings, school events and just about any occasion. A simple peanut butter treat with minimal effort.
At holiday time and themed events I add a little food color to the peanut butter batter. Like green at Christmas time and red at Valentine’s Day etc. I have also sprinkled some these balls with tiny candy glitters or sparkles when just dipped in the melted chocolate morsels. So you can see there are many ways to customize these delicious treats.