Everyone will want seconds of this Cherry Delight recipe. I love that it only takes a few ingredients and can be put together in no time, it will look and taste like you were preparing for hours with no cooking involved! Now that’s a quick and easy desert worth having. I have made this desert at many of my gatherings and is always a hit.
- 16 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2c Confectioner’s Sugar
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 1 Can of Cherry Pie Filling
- Angel Food Cake (store bought)
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese, vanilla and Confectioner’s sugar, cool whip and beat together til well mixed.
- Tear apart the angel food cake into small pieces.
- Start layering the ingredients.
- Start with a layer of the torn pieces of angel food cake.
- Then spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Now a layer of cherry pie filling and spread it across.
- Now repeat the same layering to the top. When done, just refrigerate til serving time.
Tip: I love serving this desert in a Trifle bowl, these tall clear bowls show off the layers and it makes for a lovely display for any occasion.
Final Word: Homemade Cherry Delight Recipe
Early on I simply feel in love with this cherry delight and yummy is the best word to describe it. It has a light sweet taste but the cherry filling really gives it full flavor. It shows well as a dessert and makes you want to skip the rest of your meal and go right to dessert.
Hope you enjoy this simple dessert!
By the way, with it’s colors of Red and White, you can serve this recipe at many of your holiday events through the year. Such as Christmas, Valentines Day and Independence Day. If your feeling patriotic you can also add in some blueberries. You can even take the concept a step further, like in the video below.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of our recipe sections. Here on Frugal Living for Life we also cover Dessert Recipes, Dinner Recipes, and Side Dish Recipes. Each section provides simple recipes that even the most entry-level chef can throw together!