Who doesn’t love shrimp? So why haven’t you tried shrimp scampi pasta? The recipe is quite simple and doesn’t cost much to make. It can be used for most occasions. Perfect for a family meal but also great for celebrating a special event like a birthday party or a holiday. It also helps that you can use pasta noodles to increase the size of the recipe quite easily. Though you would be wise to avoid stretching the other ingredients too thin.
Anyway, lets get started on our shrimp scampi pasta recipe!
- 3/4 to 1 lb. linguine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. good olive oil
- 3 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 Tbl. lemon zest grated
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/8 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
- Cook up the linguine.
- In a skillet heat the butter and oil.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes and no more, can burn easily.
- Add the shrimp, salt and pepper.
- Continue to sauté the shrimp til it turns pink.
- Stir often, done in 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Toss these ingredients together well.
- Drain pasta and immediately add the shrimp and sauce.
Final Word: Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe
Now the best part, enjoy it!
This pasta dish is a great meal for dinner. Especially if you are in a hurry as it is quick and easy to prepare, nor is it very costly either. I get the shrimp when it’s on sale for around $5.99 a pound. Get to lemons for about .50. I always have pasta on the shelf (usually free from a BOGO sale and coupons). The rest of the ingredients I have on the shelf and the parsley I grow. So it cost me about $6.50 to make.
Not bad for a main dish.