Who actually enjoys cleaning the inside of their oven? This homemade oven cleaner will make that chore we all hate to do much easier. Sadly our ovens do need occasional cleaning and this is a simple and safe homemade recipe to clean your oven and it’s window.
But the good thing is ingredients are products you may already have and you wont have to deal with harmful chemicals or strong fumes to breathe, as all the ingredients are mostly natural. So give this oven cleaner a try.
- 1/4 cup liquid dish soap
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 tbl Vinegar
- Scrubbing Sponge
- Paper Towels
- Start first with a cool oven.
- Wipe oven out with a wet sponge and warm soapy water. This helps to start soften the dirt.
- Mix all the ingredients to a thick paste.
- Apply to inside of oven and door.
- Close door and let sit for a few hours.
- Wipe clean with a damp warm rag or paper towels. Be sure to use circular motions to wipe away food stains. You may need some good old elbow grease.
- Also if there is debris that is suck or tough stains you may need a dish scrapper to loosen it up. A tooth brush or scouring pad can do the trick. The window sometimes is hard to get clean.
Final Word: Homemade Oven Cleaner
In the end I was pleased with the results. I’m glad that it was made naturally and not with harmful chemicals. But the end result is opening the oven and it is shiny bright inside. So with this low cost cleaner you can now make this homemade oven cleaner you can afford to clean it often. Now a chore that was well dreaded can now be done with ease. Just whip up the natural cleaning ingredients and let it do it’s job. Also many of these items can be bought at your local Dollar Tree, so they should be very affordable.
Now you have a clean sparkling oven. Also you can try some of our frugal recipes in your clean oven and save even more money.
So happy cooking and enjoy your meals!