These baked fried chicken tenders are a budget friendly recipe that doesn’t sacrifice taste. Since getting great deals on chicken isn’t that hard to do why not spice them up with this simple recipe! The recipe is simple since most kitchens should already have many of the ingredients that will be needed. Not to mention there are every few steps to this recipe and can be finished rather quickly!
- Bowl of Milk
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 tlb. Season All or Kickin’ Chicken Seasoning
- 3/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 Sick of Butter/Margarine
- 1LB Chicken Breast Tenders
Note: The chicken can be cut a few different ways. I’ve seen people cut them into wedges, tenders, strips, even use whole breasts. The video below shows some of the more popular ways to cut chicken breasts.
1. Purchase a pound of chicken breast tenders. Add more or less chicken depending on how many people you plan to feed.
2. Place chicken tenders in a bowl of milk, set aside and soak for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Mix these dry ingredients in a gallon plastic bag or a bowl and set aside.
- 1/2 tea. salt
- 1 tlb. Season All or Kickin Chicken Seasoning
- 3/4 tsp.pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- Set oven to 400.
4. Cut up a 1/2 stick of butter or margarine into a few pieces. Place in a 9×13 pan.
5. Melt the butter in the pre-heated oven. Spread the melted butter around the pan. Try to cover the whole bottom.
6. Take chicken tenders and shake off excess milk. Place chicken in gallon bag and shake well with all the dry ingredients. Be sure to coat each piece well.
7. Put in pan and cook for about 20 minutes. Then turn over each piece and cook 20 more minutes or til done.
Final Word: Baked Fried Chicken Tenders
The chicken tasted good. I tend to prefer a little more kick out of my seasoning, so the next time I made these I used Kickin’ Chicken Seasoning in place of the Season All. You really could use any seasoning that you prefer.
I also liked how this dish is baked rather than frying. There are many benefits to baking this meal over frying it, it is a much healthier alternative.
My family enjoyed them. They usually love getting chicken fingers out at restaurants, but unfortunately they are always deep fried. So I was hoping they would give these baked ones a shot. So not only are they better for you than the traditional frying method they also taste great. Anytime I can replace a fried dish with a baked dish, I do.
These baked fried chicken tenders would be good with some Cheesy Potato Wedges. So enjoy this warm cooked meal.