I saw this no peek beef tips recipe on the internet and it looked like a nice warm dinner I wanted to cook for my family. I’m all for a simple and quick recipes, I also love how easy it is to get recipes online. This is a slow cooking meal in the oven, so with this beef recipe just it mix up and pop it in the oven and let it cook.
There are not a lot of ingredients to this recipe, thankfully I usually have most of the ingredients in the pantry. The main thing needed is the beef, not to mention its all cooked in one pan, so easy clean up.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. beef cubes (can use stew, chuck eye or any cheaper cut)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4 oz. can of mushrooms drained or fresh mushrooms. (Optional)
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- Single can of ‘Cream of mushroom soup’
- 1 cup water or ginger ale (makes it taste a little sweeter. I do water.)
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Put meat in 9 x 11 pan. If beef cubes are real big, I cut them in half.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour mixture over meat.
- Cover the pan with foil tightly.
- Cook for 3 hours.
Notes: Don’t peek on them until the 3 hours are up. It’s all in the name “No Peek Beef Tips”. Be careful of the steam when you remove the foil. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Final Word: No Peek Beef Tips
This no peek beef tips recipe serves up to 8 people and can be served over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes. There is plenty of the mixture to use as gravy over mashed potatoes on the side if preferred. This beef dish always turns out tender. It’s nice to serve this with some colorful vegetables on the side. Maybe some nice warm French bread cut up too. Easy to fix. Yummy to eat.
(Recipe Source: www.mommyskitchen.net)